Monday, January 2, 2012

From Argentina January 2, 2012

How was New Year´s? It was interesting to experience it here. We spent it with a family whose daughter (Chanel) does visits with us all the time. She is our life-saver. She lives in a different ward, but almost always makes herself available to come with us, even at the last minute. We were back at the apartment by 10 pm and in bed on time. Hermana Reales wanted to see the fuegos artificiales (fireworks), though, so we got up at midnight to watch them. I doubt we would have been able to sleep through them, even if we hadn´t gotten up.
It´s so interesting to think that it´s 2012 already and that I´ll be in Argentina for the entire year. It was nice, though, to make my resolutions all about missionary work. I have the chance to focus on the things of the spirit for the entire year. What a blessing. What are some of your resolutions? What do you want to accomplish or become in 2012? I hope you remember what Elder Marston said, "What you focus on expands." I know I think about it all the time, especially when I´m evaluating my progress, desires, and goals.

I think I´m progressing pretty well, though I don´t really have anything to compare myself to. I had an interview with President Carter today and he gave me an assignment. He said that, most-likely, Hermana Reales is going to get transfered in the next transfer, leaving me in Libertad. I´ll still be the junior companion, but I´ll have to know the area, our ward, and investigators really well. I really need to pay attention for the next 30 days and put myself a little more out there. They need to trust me, too, not just Hermana Reales, if we´re going to continue functioning after she leaves.

I really want to forget myself and go to work. I think that´s when I´ll have the most success and love the mission the most. I wish I could tell you everything and share every experience. I wish there was time to do so. I guess it´s a good thing that there´s a rule against saying anything "negative" in letters home. It´s forcing me to turn to God for the solutions to my problems. My prayers aren´t exactly where I want them yet, but they´re improving, slowly since I do them in Spanish and can´t really express myself all that well yet. That´s probably a huge blessing, too. Maybe I can learn the language and get to know God all at the same time. He blesses those who go to Him for help.

I love you all. Thank you for everything.
Love, Hermana Litster

No comments:

Post a Comment

Buenos Aires Temple Rededication Announced

Buenos Aires Temple Rededication Announced
The first presidency announced the re-dedication of the Buenos Aires Temple in three sessions on the 9 of September. Oh happy day! There will be a public open house from the 4 of August to the 25th of August with the exception of Sundays. Saturday, the 8th of August there will be a cultural event as part of the celebration.

December 2011 & January 2012

December 2011 & January 2012

Hermana Litster is in Argentina!

Hermana Litster is in Argentina!

MTC Photos September- November

MTC Photos September- November