Monday, May 21, 2012

The picture of me and Hermana Olson is from our latest zone conference. It was really good, but cold. There aren´t very many places here with central cooling or heating. In the summer we´re always hot and in the winter we´re always cold. We leave our coats on almost the entire day.

This week was really hard. The only goal we were able to complete was for contacts. We weren´t able to work on Monday or Tuesday. We worked really well on Wednesday, but lost a lot of our motivation after our weekly planning session on Thursday. We worked on making up what we lost Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, but weren´t able to reach our goals. We ended the week knowing we had worked below our potential and with a sense of urgency in the need to change and improve.

I´m learning a lot about the Atonement and how much we need it. I knew it before, but I don´t think I really understood our need to use it, not just in the big things, but in the little things that we need to change. I´m learning how much the little "sins" we commit can halt our progress and how big the difference is between applying the Gospel in our lives rather than just living it or going through the motions.

I read this week in Preach My Gospel about how our understanding of the Atonement directly affects our desire to share the Gospel. When I reflected on it I realized that it´s true. The Gospel consists of faith, repentance, baptism, the reception of the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. If I´m not living it completely in my life, how can I (or even want to) teach it to others and expect them to apply it in their own lives. I want to be a better missionary, disciple of Christ, and daughter of God. I want to become more like Him and do what He would do. That process isn´t meant to be comfortable or easy, and I can´t let a little discomfort stop me from giving my all to Him.

I realized while Hermana Olson was talking to her family last night (she wasn´t able to last week) that I forgot to do share my testimony with you all. I didn´t want to leave you without it, so here it is. I know this is the true church. I know now, more than ever before, how true it is and how much of a blessing it is in my life. I have an increased urgency to live what I know and to keep my covenants because I know that is only through our faithfulness and the ordinances of the Priesthood that we can return to the presence of God. No amount of good intentions or belief in Christ will save us if we don´t embrace the Gospel fully, receive the blessings of Priesthood ordinances, and endure to the end. I pray that each of us can learn the nature of our relationship with God and strengthen it through faith and obedience. Nothing else will make us happier or be more worth our time and energy.

I love you all. You´re in my prayers every day.

Love, Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Buenos Aires Temple Rededication Announced

Buenos Aires Temple Rededication Announced
The first presidency announced the re-dedication of the Buenos Aires Temple in three sessions on the 9 of September. Oh happy day! There will be a public open house from the 4 of August to the 25th of August with the exception of Sundays. Saturday, the 8th of August there will be a cultural event as part of the celebration.

December 2011 & January 2012

December 2011 & January 2012

Hermana Litster is in Argentina!

Hermana Litster is in Argentina!

MTC Photos September- November

MTC Photos September- November