Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Reflection

I like to keep things simple, hence the title of my blog, but I've realized everyday since that first post, that life isn't simple. It's possible that it should be simpler than I make it, mostly because I am overly analytical and I tend to complicate everything. But life isn't meant to be simple. We are supposed to have challenges. What we need to remember that it's not the challenges that define us; it's how we deal with those challenges and how we allow them to change us as people. I've had my fair share of challenges lately, and I am grateful for them. They are teaching me about the person I want to become. Perfection is a process, not an event. I'm not saying that I'm perfect or anything like that, but it's my divine potential as a child of God. We struggle through life, learning from our mistakes and making sure we don't repeat them. Sometimes I wish we could learn from other people's mistakes and not have to deal with the pain, but God knows us better than we do. He has a plan for us and that plan does not include a life without suffering, self-inflicted or not. Life is beautiful. Embrace every moment, even if that moment is covered in spikes. Bring them close to your heart and let them change you into a better person than you were before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Buenos Aires Temple Rededication Announced

Buenos Aires Temple Rededication Announced
The first presidency announced the re-dedication of the Buenos Aires Temple in three sessions on the 9 of September. Oh happy day! There will be a public open house from the 4 of August to the 25th of August with the exception of Sundays. Saturday, the 8th of August there will be a cultural event as part of the celebration.

December 2011 & January 2012

December 2011 & January 2012

Hermana Litster is in Argentina!

Hermana Litster is in Argentina!

MTC Photos September- November

MTC Photos September- November