Friday, September 30, 2011

MTC Week 2

Hi Everybody!

So much has happened this week! We taught our last lesson with Adalberto on Wednesday. I think it went well and our Spanish is getting better. We got two new teachers on Thursday (Hermanos Steele y Wilkes). Hermano Wilkes was pretending to be Adalberto for our discussions. When they came in to teach, they spoke way faster than Hermana Ricks ever has. It was a good wake-up call. I appreciated it even though I couldn't understand much of it. It will be good for us, especially since Argentina will be a major shock for us all. I feel like we might be a little better prepared than some missionaries have in the past, though. I've been so blessed in learning the language. I'm so surprised that I remember so many words and phrases. We get two new investigators on Monday and we'll be teaching a lot more.

We practiced extending the baptismal invitation for a long time. I can tell it's going to be a bit scary doing it in the field, but it's so important. Investigators need to know how important it is. We've also learned a lot about planning. It's so good for me. I am so easily distracted that it's helpful for me to have a main focus for evertyhing I do. Everything is centered around the investigator's needs and following the direction of Spirit.

We had a wonderful fireside on Sunday night about 9/11. We watched some footage from the actual event and then the "Music and the Spoken Word" presentation. It really made me think about what I find important and who I'm grateful for. Thank you all for your support and prayers. I don't know where I would be without you - probably not here. On Tuesday Elder M. Russell Ballard came and spoke to us. I learned so much about being a good missionary and what I need to do to make good things happen. I wish I could share everything I'm learning here with you, but there isn't time.

Every day is so difficult, but by the time the day is over I feel like it's been the best day ever. My journal entries are all starting to sound the same. "Today was great!" There is joy in working, especially when you're working to build the kingdom. I don't recall ever having been this happy or this exhausted. Every day I am more excited and more determined to be a good missionary and tool in God's hands. Never dismiss an impression to share your testimony, even if it seems scary. It will change your life and the lives of those you meet and love. It is always worth it. I love you all and hope to hear from you soon!

Hermana Erin Litster

No comments:

Post a Comment

Buenos Aires Temple Rededication Announced

Buenos Aires Temple Rededication Announced
The first presidency announced the re-dedication of the Buenos Aires Temple in three sessions on the 9 of September. Oh happy day! There will be a public open house from the 4 of August to the 25th of August with the exception of Sundays. Saturday, the 8th of August there will be a cultural event as part of the celebration.

December 2011 & January 2012

December 2011 & January 2012

Hermana Litster is in Argentina!

Hermana Litster is in Argentina!

MTC Photos September- November

MTC Photos September- November