Friday, September 30, 2011

MTC Week 3

It feels like I've been here for forever, but it's only been a little over two weeks. I still have so much to learn before I leave for Argentina, but I'm excited for when that time comes. An elder in our zone, Elder Daybell, was scheduled to leave for Argentina on Tuesday, but has been reassigned to Wisconsin. I guess his visa didn't go through or something. I just wanted to cry for him. He's spent 9 weeks preparing for it and now has to wait even longer. The Lord will be able to use him in Wisconsin, too. I hope he feels that. I'm praying that my visa will be approved and I'll be able to leave on time.

I've learned so much this week. It's been amazing. We had another devotional with an Apostle on Tuesday. Elder Nelson came and spoke to us about the Book of Mormon. Each missionary received a copy of the October special edition of the Ensign to read before his visit. I got to sing in the choir and we sang "Consider the Lilies." I love that song and it's accompanying scripture. It has been a source of comfort to me the last couple of weeks. Elder Nelson talked about how the Book of Mormon is our greatest tool for conversion. I'm really learning that as we teach our investigators here.

Sister Nelson talked about obedience and repeated the same phrase I've been hearing over and over again here: "Obedience brings blessings. Exact obedience brings miracles." I know that is true. As I've tried to be more exactly obedient, I have seen miracles. Hermana Pullan and I were able to teach two lessons this week in Spanish without any notes. That really is a miracle. Our investigators, Felipa and Kevin, have been kind of tough. Felipa has been kind of apathetic about everything and Kevin is Buddhist. It's been difficult to find ways to connect with them. We've been praying for and been blessed with the Spirit to help us know their needs. Both of them have committed to start reading the Book of Mormon. Hermana Pullan and I have been offering a lot of prayers of thanks lately. It's amazing that we've been able to understand what our investigators say and been able to answer their questions effectively. I definitely think we've seen a glimpse of the gift of tongues. The Lord really does love His missionaries.

I have really loved getting everyone's letters. They are sometimes what get me to keep going through the day. Missionary work is hard, but it's so worth it. I love you all and hope you're well. You're in my prayers.

Love,

Hermana Erin Litster

No comments:

Post a Comment

Buenos Aires Temple Rededication Announced

Buenos Aires Temple Rededication Announced
The first presidency announced the re-dedication of the Buenos Aires Temple in three sessions on the 9 of September. Oh happy day! There will be a public open house from the 4 of August to the 25th of August with the exception of Sundays. Saturday, the 8th of August there will be a cultural event as part of the celebration.

December 2011 & January 2012

December 2011 & January 2012

Hermana Litster is in Argentina!

Hermana Litster is in Argentina!

MTC Photos September- November

MTC Photos September- November