Tuesday, November 29, 2011

November 29, 2011 from Argentina

This week has been good overall, but really, really hard. I´ve been humbled and I´m trying to be patient. I was really frustrated that I wasn´t getting the language quicker and could teach the doctrines as well or remember scriptures I´d studied. I was so upset because I knew I knew all of the stuff I was trying to say. I had studied it before, for a long time. The problem was that I was trusting in my own strength. I...I...I... I´ve needed to repent. I´m trying to learn more about faith and how to have it. How to be more humble and put my life in God´s hands. It´s difficult to do, since I like to be in control of things. I hope it gets easier. I can understand a lot of what people say, but it is kind of uncomfortable when I know they´re talking about me and think I don´t know what they´re saying.
President Carter has made some changes in the mission recently. From now on, every missionary will be in their area for 6-8 transfers! Crazy, huh? I´ll be in Libertad B for at least half of my mission, maybe more. The point is to have us work better with and gain the trust of the members. In the announcement President Carter said, "When you get to a new area, unpack completely and prepare yourself mentally and physically to be there forever." I guess I had better learn to love the people and learn the language pretty quick. I might not ever leave.
I´m excited for Christmas, but it just doesn´t feel like the holidays when the days just get hotter and hotter. I´m trying really hard to focus on the work and not think about home, but it´s difficult. I miss you all terribly and love you so much. I wish I had more time to write about everything. Thank you for your prayers for me and for our investigators. I feel them so much.
The address for the house we live in is O. Andrade 2614. I don´t really know how the addresses work here, but I know we live in Libertad, Merlo, in the state of Buenos Aires. I don´t really know why you can´t send mail to our house. Other people here get mail the regular way. Maybe it´s just more secure through the mission office.
The mailing address is:
Iglesia S.U.D
Hermana Erin Litster
Misión Argentina Buenos Aires Oeste
C.C. 92
1702 Ciudadela
Buenos Aires, Argentina
You can still write DearElder´s and I´ll get them every time I´m at the mission office. In general, we go to the mission office once a transfer, but if anyone else in our district is there for any other reason, they pick up the mail for us and pass it out in district meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Buenos Aires Temple Rededication Announced

Buenos Aires Temple Rededication Announced
The first presidency announced the re-dedication of the Buenos Aires Temple in three sessions on the 9 of September. Oh happy day! There will be a public open house from the 4 of August to the 25th of August with the exception of Sundays. Saturday, the 8th of August there will be a cultural event as part of the celebration.

December 2011 & January 2012

December 2011 & January 2012

Hermana Litster is in Argentina!

Hermana Litster is in Argentina!

MTC Photos September- November

MTC Photos September- November