Monday, February 27, 2012

From Argentina February 27, 2012

The work is going pretty well. We haven´t been able to teach Rubén (the philosopher) in a while, but we´re going to really put forth the effort to teach him this week. He blessed the Sacrament for the first time last Sunday. It was exciting to see. Our new bishop has asked us to work more with the older members now, specifically the ex-missionaries ( that´s what they call returned missionaries here). It´s going pretty well so far, and it will be good to develop that kind of relationship with the other members especially since the youth start the new school year in about a week or so and won´t have much time to work with us. We have two "abuelitos" with baptismal dates. Ramón and José Antonio are both 83 years old. It´s interesting to see the differences in teaching them. They are completely different and are on very different levels of understanding and comprehension, but if all goes well, they´ll both be baptized on March 10th.

I´ve been reading Jesus the Christ in my "spare" time (usually in the morning during breakfast and at lunch when we don´t have it with members) in an effort to come to know Christ more and understand Him better. I´m learning a lot, and surprisingly it´s not too difficult to understand. I think my Spanish is helping me with that, and the Spirit of course. Everyone says that my Spanish has improved dramatically. Little by little I´ve been able to express myself better and understand more of what people are saying. It´s getting easier and I´m feeling a lot more comfortable with it. We were in a dinner appointment on Friday and the hermana commented on how she could feel the Spirit better now that I´ve learned to express myself. She and her husband speak English (he´s from New Mexico) and I shared a scripture in a dinner with them my first week in the field. I did it in English then, but it felt really good to hear her say that she could feel the difference now that I´m more confident in Spanish, myself, and in God. It´s still nice, though, every once in a while to speak in English with the other "Yankee" missionaries.

I´m out of time, but I hope you know how much I love you and appreciate your thoughts and prayers. Thank you.

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Buenos Aires Temple Rededication Announced

Buenos Aires Temple Rededication Announced
The first presidency announced the re-dedication of the Buenos Aires Temple in three sessions on the 9 of September. Oh happy day! There will be a public open house from the 4 of August to the 25th of August with the exception of Sundays. Saturday, the 8th of August there will be a cultural event as part of the celebration.

December 2011 & January 2012

December 2011 & January 2012

Hermana Litster is in Argentina!

Hermana Litster is in Argentina!

MTC Photos September- November

MTC Photos September- November