Monday, July 23, 2012

From Buenos Aires July 23, 2012

It was an interesting week. Probably the longest and most interesting week of my whole mission. We had a lot of things happen that kind of frustrated the work, but we´re moving forward with it all, trying to be optimistic and look for the little miracles that happen every day. I really enjoyed my time with the Hermanas in Ramos Mejía, but it was hard to not be working in my own area. We had P-day on Wednesday and the transfer meeting, but we got lost (not something new for me) and showed up late. We weren´t allowed to enter because of it. It was a big bummer, but there will be others. We had a really long zone meeting in the morning on Thursday and my companion was sick on Friday morning. It really was a miracle that we were able to meet our goal of 150 contacts with so little time actually working.

Andrés didn´t come to church yesterday and we don´t know why. Things that only happen once in a life-time are happening to him to make it so that he can´t get his 3 church attendances and be baptized. He is so ready. We´re convinced that Satan really doesn´t want this man to get baptized. We´re praying so hard to know what we can to do help him. Guido told us on Saturday that he wants some time to decide what he´s going to do, if he´s going to stick with the Jehovah´s Witnesses or be baptized in the Church of Jesus Christ. He wanted to take a month without us coming by, but we compromised for two weeks. We´re praying so hard for him, too. Not only that he´ll make the choice to be baptized, but more that he can learn how to pray, really talk with God, and be able to recognize what God wants him to do. We want him to be at peace with whatever it is that he chooses.

I´ve learned a lot this week and have done a lot of self-discovery. I was able to pin-point a few specific things that I need to change about how I act and how I see things, not just in the mission, but in who I am and how I approach the rest of my life. They´re things I think I already knew, but didn´t understand completely or apply fully in my life or behavior. Every day I feel more and more grateful for my mission and the plan God has specifically for my life. He´s teaching me so much. I just hope I can learn it all and use it to help me in the future.

God bless you all.

Love,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Buenos Aires Temple Rededication Announced

Buenos Aires Temple Rededication Announced
The first presidency announced the re-dedication of the Buenos Aires Temple in three sessions on the 9 of September. Oh happy day! There will be a public open house from the 4 of August to the 25th of August with the exception of Sundays. Saturday, the 8th of August there will be a cultural event as part of the celebration.

December 2011 & January 2012

December 2011 & January 2012

Hermana Litster is in Argentina!

Hermana Litster is in Argentina!

MTC Photos September- November

MTC Photos September- November