Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Worth the wait

We found out last night that Hermana Rojas and I will be staying together in this area for this transfer. I´m glad. We´ll be able to continue learning from each other and I´m sure we´ll be able to see a lot of success together. She´s only got 4 months in the mission, but already has 11 converts. She works so hard and has so much faith. She is so much of the missionary I´ve wanted to be all of my mission. She´s not afraid of anything or anyone. She is so bold and is able to call people to repentance with so much love. She has strong desires to be exactly obedient and really understands her purpose as a missionary. She´s really helping me forget myself and go to work. I´m grateful for her and the things she teaches me every day.

I spent yesterday in Ramos Mejía working with Hermana Olson and Hermana Johnson while Hermana Rojas spent the day with President Carter and all of the new missionaries. It was good to be with Hermana Olson again and learn how I can improve my work in my own area. I can see why divisions are so good for missionaries. It was a little funny to be with them because we got a lot of weird looks (3 blondes with glasses walking the streets of Buenos Aires) and it was interesting to do contacts in a trio. I think the people felt like we were going to attack them or something at first because there were so many of us, but it turned out well. It was hard not to be in my own area with my own investigators, but I feel like it was something I needed. I learned a lot and I was able view my work from a different perspective and what it is I need to change to be a more effective missionary.

Little by little we´re seeing improvements in this area- with our investigators, the members, finding new people to teach, and relying on the Lord to do this work His way. I´m realizing more and more every day how perfect God´s plan is for each and every one of us and how He gives us exactly what we need to be able to become the people we want to be and that He knows we can be. Thanks for all of your support and prayers. I feel them more and more every day. I love you all.

Love,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Buenos Aires Temple Rededication Announced

Buenos Aires Temple Rededication Announced
The first presidency announced the re-dedication of the Buenos Aires Temple in three sessions on the 9 of September. Oh happy day! There will be a public open house from the 4 of August to the 25th of August with the exception of Sundays. Saturday, the 8th of August there will be a cultural event as part of the celebration.

December 2011 & January 2012

December 2011 & January 2012

Hermana Litster is in Argentina!

Hermana Litster is in Argentina!

MTC Photos September- November

MTC Photos September- November