Saturday, October 15, 2011

MTC Week 6

It's so hard to believe that I've been here for six weeks already. I feel like I've learned so much and am so unprepared at the same time. I am learning, though, that whom the Lord calls, the Lord qualifies. As long as I do my part in preparing as well as I can, He will take care of the rest. I'm also learning that doing my part entails a lot more than I thought it did. It's amazing how much I've already changed and learned. There's a scripture that says the Lord prolonged the days of the people and I really feel like He's done that for me. The days seem so long and the weeks are so short. I've never done so much in one day in my entire life. I love having every day be dedicated to learning and sharing the Gospel.

I've learned also that "by small and simple things are great things brought to pass." The small things this week are what have brought me the most joy. I've realized how aware of each of us God really is and how He listens to and answers our prayers. Every day I'm reminded of how much I love the scriptures and my love for them grows more the more I read and study them. I'm learning to read them with a different point of view - through new eyes, as if I've never read it before. I wish I could convince the whole world to read them and learn what I have learned and know what I know. The scriptures really are the words of Christ and the words of Christ really do "tell you all things what ye should do."

We've been so blessed here with devotional speakers. I got to sing in the choir this last Tuesday. We sang a beautiful arrangement of my favorite hymn, "Where Can I Turn for Peace?" We got to hear from Sister Julie B. Beck and her husband. She talked about how everything in this church and gospel is done with the temple in mind. Everything we do is based on the goal of bringing those we teach to the temple to receive the ordinances of salvation and make the covenants that will allow them to live with God again in eternal families. It was beautiful. Today at the temple I read section 109 of the Doctrine and Covenants and was reminded so much of the blessings of the temple and what I need to do to better keep my covenants and prepare those I teach to make their own covenants in the temple.

I am so grateful for this Gospel and for my opportunity to share it with the people of Argentina. I hope we never take for granted what we have that the world has no idea it's missing. Never be afraid to share it. If it blesses your life, it will bless the lives of everyone else, too. I love you all and wish you the best.

Hermana Erin Litster

No comments:

Post a Comment

Buenos Aires Temple Rededication Announced

Buenos Aires Temple Rededication Announced
The first presidency announced the re-dedication of the Buenos Aires Temple in three sessions on the 9 of September. Oh happy day! There will be a public open house from the 4 of August to the 25th of August with the exception of Sundays. Saturday, the 8th of August there will be a cultural event as part of the celebration.

December 2011 & January 2012

December 2011 & January 2012

Hermana Litster is in Argentina!

Hermana Litster is in Argentina!

MTC Photos September- November

MTC Photos September- November