Friday, October 21, 2011

MTC Week 7

Hola, everyone!

This week has been so good! We got our travel plans today and we leave the morning of Nov 3 for Argentina. Our whole district is flying down to Buenos Aires together on the same plane. I'm looking forward to it, but also aware of how much I still need to learn before I get down there. I don't know how much I'll get done before I leave, but ready or not, I leave on the third. I'm sure experience will be a very frustrating, but very great teacher for me. I definitely need to speak more Spanish this week and get used to hearing it rather than English.

We have been so blessed here! We had another apostle come and speak to us on Tuesday, Elder Richard G. Scott. I learned so much and the love he had for all the missionaries was felt so strongly. Charity is the pure love of Christ, which I knew, but what I didn't know or realize was that when we have charity for others, others feel Christ's love for them through us. He also talked about receiving personal revelation. He advised us to never go anywhere without the ability to write down impressions we receive from the Holy Ghost. If we show God that we will make a point to remember and follow the promptings we receive, we will be blessed with more. He used the scriptures to illustrate and teach us different principles. It gave me a stronger testimony of the scriptures and a stronger desire to use them in my teaching.

He shared the scripture D&C 50:26 with us. It says: "He that is ordained of God and sent forth, the same is appointed to be the greatest, notwithstanding he is the least and the servant of all." It was confusing at first, but then I made a connection. This is the type of missionary I want to be. Jesus Christ was the greatest of all, but descended below all things and served all men. Everyone else was and is more important to Him than himself. I thought about those I perceive to be the most Christlike. They have time for everyone who needs them and know each of them well. They sincerely care about them and they are more important than their To Do list or schedule. I thought about my relationship with the Savior before we came to the earth. He is our brother and knows each of us. I imagine He took the time to talk, play, and help each of us. He is the older brother each of us admires and wishes we could be like someday. If he was that kind of friend to me then, and always, why would I estrange Him here?

It was also interesting that Elder Scott talked about marraige. Most of the talks we hear are about being obedient and "locking" our hearts. He stressed that after our missions, we need to make it a firm decision to be on the path and moving towards a temple sealing. He urged us to seriously consider the future and having an eternal family. He told us to not go back to hanging out, that it is "idleness in flocks." It made me want to be the best missionary I could and be worthy of that blessing when I get home. Like Sister Beck said last week, "Everything in this church is done with the temple in mind."

Thank you all for your prayers and support. I feel them all, especially when times are hard. Have faith and never lose hope. Jesus Christ is our Savior and we can do all things if we put our trust in Him.

Buena Suerte! (Good Luck!)

Hermana Erin Litster

No comments:

Post a Comment

Buenos Aires Temple Rededication Announced

Buenos Aires Temple Rededication Announced
The first presidency announced the re-dedication of the Buenos Aires Temple in three sessions on the 9 of September. Oh happy day! There will be a public open house from the 4 of August to the 25th of August with the exception of Sundays. Saturday, the 8th of August there will be a cultural event as part of the celebration.

December 2011 & January 2012

December 2011 & January 2012

Hermana Litster is in Argentina!

Hermana Litster is in Argentina!

MTC Photos September- November

MTC Photos September- November